Friday, October 26, 2012

The Search for Wondla

Hi readers!

So, I guess I still don't have any friends and commenters yet except for my good friend, Marshmallow supporting this blog and adding them to her blog! Yeah girl; that's how the social media works!


So anyway, my friend and I are reading a book called, The Search for Wondla by Tony DiTerlizzi:



 So today, I finished this book at my ballet studio when my dad dropped me off early.

For Marshie, I suggest you not to read this, because I don't want to spoil anything for you!
Here's my review:

What if you learned that you are the only human living in the world?  Your  mother is a robot, and you've never left your peaceful sanctuary, and never seen the sun before.  Until some unknown creature invades you house and you need to escape?  Well, this is exactly what happened to Eva Nine, and her Muthr.  Eva  and her Muthr must escape from the invader, Besteel to kidnap her and take her somewhere. Escaping her sanctuary, there she meets a blue, indigo eyed creature with cat-fish-like whiskers.  His name is Rovender Kitt, also-known-as Rovee or Mr. Kitt.  He helps Eva and her mother escape, but they don't know where to go, but Eva does.  She finds a picture of a girl, a robot, and another human together, looking happy, with the caption saying Wondla.  There, the trio goes into an epic adventure, meeting other alien species, and organisms.  She learns that she's been living underground all her life, and discovers another world above it, with cities like  Solas ruled by a royal queen.  Finding Wondla is not easy.  Hiding from enemies, getting help from allies and friendship,  survival skills are things that won't take a day to accomplish, but the brave hearted, kind, and sweet Eva does. Eva is an amazing brave young girl.  She has become one of my top five role model since I picked up the book.  The story is beautifully described, and I did not regret buying this in hardcover, because my parents aren't the biggest fans for buying hardcover books.  I tells a story about survival, friendship, mother-daughter relationships, sacrifice, love, death, kindness, and bravery.  It was hard to put this book down.  Tony DiTerlizzi is an amazing writer, and my inspiration.  The setting he describes in the story makes it so visual, and not just because of the beautiful pictures the author also drew.  I fell in love with this book, and I need to get the second book like... NOW!!!!! I loved this book, and is one of my favorite! I would recommend this to kids I see everywhere and even adults.  I also believe this book should be a school reading book.  It made me cry, laugh, and smile most of all the book.  Thank you Mr. DiTerlizzi for writing this book, I might recommend this book to my mother as well.

Here is the second books cover:  

Also please go to y friend Marshmallow's book blog:

 http://goodbook12.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-search-for-wondla.html

Her The Search for Wondla book blog is there!

Thank you readers,and please comment, and follow this blog every day.


Chocolate Chip Cookie



Update:
  • I will be posting new posts every Friday nights, around 8pm.
Spoiler: My next book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

2 comments:

  1. I should check out this at my favorite online bookstore!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it is a very good book. It sticks to the genre: meaning of life, strong science fiction setting, and human technology (although that will appear in the second book). The sequel is "A Hero for Wondla" which is also out in bookstores, and "The Battle for Wondla" will be coming out in the spring of 2014 I think. It has great illustrations by the author as well.

      ~Happy Reading~ :)

      Delete